Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mademoiselle de Paris

This one has a story and it goes like this....
I was making the Easter Bunny (see previous post) and I figured he would look better with a large carrot in his arms. So I ripped, crunched and twisted a piece of newspaper and came up with a carrot shape. Added two wires for the leafy part and when I placed it near the bunny, it looked far too stiff. I put it aside and went for another piece of newspaper.
The stiff carrot kept rolling around on my table and popping up under my journal, among my glue tubes, in the pencil holder, on top of my paint box and literally driving me mad, until…I saw that it looked like a body with no head and two legs…
At first I called it the Carrot Girl because of its origins but as I added the coat, the scarf, the features and all the little details she progressively became Mademoiselle de Paris and what started without a real plan became, by accident or by fate one of my favorite pieces…I could hug her and her little dog! Hope you like her too.

Esta tem história e é assim...
Quando estava fazendo o Coelho de Páscoa (veja postagem anterior) achei que ele ficaria melhor abraçando uma cenoura bem grande . Então rasguei, amassei e torci um pedaço de jornal e formei uma cenoura. Acrescentei dois arames para a parte folhosa mas, quando a coloquei perto do coelho, achei que parecia rígida demais. Coloquei a peça de lado e fui atrás de outro pedaço de jornal.
E a cenoura descartada ficou rolando sobre a minha mesa, aparecendo sob meu diário, entre os tubos de cola, no pote de lápis, em cima da minha caixa de tintas e, literalmente, me levando à loucura até que....percebi que parecia um corpo com duas pernas e sem cabeça...No começo eu a chamava de Carrot Girl (Garota Cenoura) por causa de suas origens mas à medida que acrescentava todos os pequenos detalhes, o casaco, o cachecol, a fisionomia, ela progressivamente passou a se chamar Madmoiselle de Paris e, o que começou sem planejamento tornou-se, por acidente ou por destino, uma das minhas peças favoritas...Eu poderia abraçá-la e ao seu cãozinho! Espero que gostem dela também.










No comments: