Saturday, March 14, 2009

This and that

In between rainy days and the lack of energy (no one will ever make me understand how a few drops of rain can knock out the energy supply for 18 hours!) the days have passed quietly and the evenings darkly….

I have manage to do my things though and am currently working on another 2 papier maché pieces… Flori, the flower girl I finished yesterday and whom you will see below came out very much to my taste….I think I will never stop being amazed at the notion that these pieces come out not as I plan them or as I would like them to. It’s as if they developed a soul of their own and no matter how much I try, they will end up looking as they chose to look… as if I am here only to start the process of their being and then they take over and decide who they want to be….
From this post on I’ll try going back to bilingual so the local friends too can read the blog
And, as always, here are some journal pages too on which I’ve worked this week.

Entre a chuva e a falta de luz os dias têm passado tranqüilamente e as noites no escuro (nunca vão me fazer entender como algumas gotas de chuva podem cortar o fornecimento de energia por 18 horas!)...
Apesar de tudo consegui fazer minhas coisas e no momento estou trabalhando em mais duas peças em papier maché. Flori, a garota florida que terminei ontem e que pode ser vista logo abaixo, saiu muito ao meu gosto. Acho que nunca vou deixar de me surpreender diante da percepção de que estas peças não saem como eu planejo ou como eu gostaria que saíssem. É como se elas desenvolvessem uma alma própria e, apesar de todos os meus esforços, elas acabam com a aparência que ELAS querem ter...como se eu estivesse aqui apenas para iniciar o seu processo de ser e, a partir daí,elas tomassem as rédeas e decidissem QUEM elas querem ser...
A partir de hoje vou tentar voltar às postagens bilíngües para que as amigas locais também possam ler este blog.E, como sempre, algumas páginas de diário que fiz est
a semana
.

1 comment:

Laura Kay said...

I just love your work! I like the flow of your pages. Unique butterfly on foresight.....Did you paint/draw all of connect?...Moods I love your faces..