Thursday, March 19, 2009

Studio space

I thought I would post some pics of my studio, since I haven’t got anything much to show for this week….I’ve been working on Miss Darling and the amount of details kept me veeeeery busy. But the result is going far beyond what I thought I could go….I’m pleased and will post as soon as she’s ready.
Pensei em postar fotos do meu atelier hoje, uma vez que não tenho muito a mostrar esta semana...Estou trabalhando em Miss Darling e os detalhes são tantos que me mantiveram muuuuito ocupada! Mas os resultados estão muito além do que eu imaginava...Estou bem satisfeita e faço upload das fotos assim que ficar pronta.
Here's a pic of the studio as seen from the entrance. The guest working table (the horse is a papier mache colaboration with d.h.). Under the window the image trays. To the left my working table

Aqui foto tirada da entrada. A mesa de trabalho dos visitantes (o cavalo é trabalho em papier maché em conjunto com meu marido). Sob a janela as bandeijas de imagens. À esquerda minha mesa de trabalho


Here the outside window and the sink corner. The ladder goes upstairs to my attic where odds and ends are kept.

Aqui a janela externa e o canto da pia. A escada leva ao sótão onde guardo as tranqueiras.

This is my working table and the internal windows (they look into the inside garden). The shelves house all my art books and magazines. On the left, my fabric cupboard.

Esta é minha mesa de trabalho e as janelas internas (dão para o jardim interno). As prateleiras acomodam meus livros e revistas de arte. À esquerda, meu armário de tecidos.

Again the sink corner and the computer desk. You can see the book press d.h. made for me (under the window) and my sewing cupboard to the left.

Outra vez o canto da pia e a escrivaninha que acomoda o computador. Pode-se ver a prensa de livro feita pelo maridão (sob a janela) e o meu armário de costura à esquerda.

A close view of my working table as it was today after I stopped working. This table is something...my most precious possession. D.H. made it for me and it is like a dream come true...I simply couldn't live without it!

Um close da minha mesa como estava hoje quando parei de trabalhar. Esta mesa é algo....meu bem mais precioso. O marido a fez para mim e é como um sonho que se tornou realidade....eu não poderia viver sem ela!

My desk (the cat is regularly sitting there, preferably ON the keyboard!) and the door as seen from the side of my working table.

A escrivaninha ( o gato está sempre lá, de preferência sobre o teclado!) e a porta vistos do lado daminha mesa de trabalho.

The sink corner, the desk and all the little drawers filled with knick knacks (at one point I had over 200 drawers in the studio!!!!)

O canto da pia, a escrivaninha e todas as gavetinhas cheias de coisinhas (cheguei a contar mais de 200 gavetas no atelier!!!!)

The temporary stairs to the attic. D.H. is making new ones soon.

As escadas provisórias para o sótão. O marido vai providenciar novas em breve.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wicked studio, what a fun space , now I know where you sit on the computer and can imagine you playing in the creativity club ... thanks for sharing
... milliande

Bettina Makley, aka Fairywebmother. said...

What a great space! You've inspired me.

Anonymous said...

wow what a great space.. you have soo much room.. and ive been stuck all over your blog because your work is incredible,,,, i can look away!