Thursday, February 26, 2009

Despite the silence...

…I'm still around.
I suppose writing has not been high on my list…. there’s too much to say and putting it all down on paper makes it much too real for me. SO, at least for now, I’m not very much into writing which makes me resistant to blogging too…
This said, I’ve joined an amazing group of women in the internet and have been posting some journal pages there which made me miss this blog and want to be back to posting…do I sound confused???? Well….I am.

Fact is the group is highly inspiring and made me want to stir again…guess my Muse was nudged in the ribs and has finally decided´to show up.
So it is I’ve been working on a large size journal – about A4 size when closed - made of odd shaped and sized pages taken from an old photo album. The large size gives me freedom to draw big, which seems much easier but require more time to finish a page, time which is not always available. But all in all I guess I prefer the large size, despite the coziness of the smaller journal.

And I've painted a few more small mirrors and have also been playing around with papier maché and made a few more pieces, my favorite being the two Humpty Dumptys below, although Ninette the Cat really inspires me.
OK, enough writing and more picture posting. After all, a picture is worth 1000 words!
Wishing a peaceful day to whoever is out there!
Monica


No comments: